Creating and managing cases
Adding a new case
To add a new case to your case system, click the + New button on the case system page. In your case form, specify values for these fields:
- Assignee - select a member to whom you want to assign the case.
- Priority - set a priority. Priority can be set to Low, Medium, High, or Critical.
- Due by - select a date and time by when a resolution is required for your case.
- Requester - select the user who has requested or reported the case.
- Depending on how you’ve set up the form, you will want to specify any other information that you want to capture for your case.
- Click Submit.
All new cases are listed in the table on your case system page. You can switch between different views to see details of specific groups of cases. Click All to view all the cases created in the case system.
Updating a case
To make changes to an existing case, select one from the table; then select an option from the following:
- Change assignee - search for a member to whom you want to reassign the case, and then click Update.
- Change status - select a new status from New, In Progress, Resolved, or Closed, and then click Update.
- Change priority - select a new priority from Critical, High, Medium, or Low, and then click Update.
If you want to make any other changes than the ones mentioned above, click on a case in the table. In the form, make changes to the required fields, and then close the form. All changes are auto-saved.
You can also make updates to multiple cases at the same time. You can perform a bulk-action to do this.
To perform a bulk-action, select the cases you want to update from the table, and then click on one of the following:
- Change assignee - search for a member to whom you want to reassign the case. Click Update.
- Change status - select a new status from New, In Progress, Resolved, or Closed. Click Update.
- Change priority - select a new priority from Critical, High, Medium, or Low. Click Update.
Deleting a case
To delete a case that you no longer need, you can select a case in the table, and then click the Delete button.
You can also delete multiple cases in the same manner. For bulk-deletion of cases, select multiple cases that you want to delete, and then click Delete.
Alternatively, you can open a case from the table, click the More options button() > Delete.
Cloning a case
If you want to quickly create a duplicate of a case, you can use the clone function. A cloned case will contain all the information captured in the original. However, it is an independent case and can be tracked and progressed differently.
- On your case system page, click on a case in the table.
- In the case form, click the More options button() > Clone.