Importing data from CSV file
The Import CSV feature allows you to import data from a CSV file into the data form. Manually entering large amounts of data in the data form can be quite tedious. Importing data is a snap with the CSV import feature inside the data table. You can import up to 5,000 rows of data at a time using the Import CSV feature.
Enabling the import CSV button in data table
You can control the CSV import feature inside a data table by following the steps below:
- Ensure you’ve created a data form inside your application builder.
- Next, access Pages and create a page. Drag and drop the All items component of the data form onto this page.
- In the settings panel on the right, under General properties > Settings, you will find the Import toggle button ()
- Turn it ON/OFF to show or hide the Import CSV button as part of the data table.
Importing data from a CSV file
Once your data table is embedded as part of your application, and if the Import CSV button is turned ON, your app users can start importing data from any CSV file into the data table.
To start importing CSV data, follow the steps below:
- Click Import CSV button.
- Choose the CSV file that you’d like to import.
- The file is verified, and the data is validated.
- Match the file columns with the data table fields.
- To handle duplicate entries, you can create a new copy of the item, skip the item or replace the existing item.
- Click Finish.
In this example below, we show how you can import an Employee Management CSV file containing employee data into a data table.