Understanding Data sources
Kissflow Work Platform:
- Small Business
Data sources are all the data present inside processes, datasets, and other tables in Kissflow. They are used to create reports in analytics. While you cannot create, modify, or delete data sources, you can combine them to create dataviews.
Types of data sources
Data source type
A table that consists all the fields in a process form.
Any table within a process form.
A table generated by the system to monitor steps and activities in a process. It includes the following tables:
Process instance table
It shows the current status of each item across all processes in your account.
Activity instance table
It shows the entire step history of each item across all the processes in your account. It records each activity in a process flow like assigned, rejected, sent back, and approved.
User and group table
It shows the list of users and groups with their associated data.
A table with rows and columns of data.
A tabular representation of data created by combining multiple data sources using SQL join queries.
As a Super Admin, you can view all the data sources in your account by default. These include process tables, child tables, datasets, system tables, and dataviews. You can easily search for a data source by its name, filter by data source type, and sort by last synced, last modified, or in their alphabetic order.
Every data source is shown as a card with these details:
- Time elapsed since the last sync.
- Option to create a report and share the data source with others.
Filtering in data sources
Find relevant data sources using the following filters:
- All - Shows all data sources in your account.
- My dataviews - Shows all dataviews that you have created.
- Shared dataviews - Shows all dataviews that are shared with you.
- System tables - Shows all workload tables created by the system, including user and group data.
- My tables - Shows all tables for which you are an admin.
- Shared tables - Shows all tables for which you have access.
Roles in data sources
There are two roles in data sources:
- Report admin
- Report creator
✅ (Can only access dataviews shared with them)
Create/delete data sources
Share data sources