Working with App variables
A variable, also called a client variable in an application lets you define constant key-value pairs. These can be used to:
- Call out values within page components of a page.
- Filter data inside your workflows like case or process.
- Go to Application builder and open the application.
- On the left navigation bar, go to Data sources > Variables.
- Click the New variable button and enter the details for the variable.
- Variable name. The key name for your variable.
- Description. The description for your variable.
- Variable type. You can select the following data types: Number, Text, DateTime, and Boolean.
- Default value. Specify the default value for the key. The key value differs based on the data type.
- Save the variable. All the saved variables will be listed here.
Where are variables used?
Variables can be used in two different ways inside the page builder.