All projects have multiple layouts to choose from:
- My tasks
- Main project
- Saved views
My tasks is a single list of all the tasks that are assigned to you in your project. From this table, users can take actions like changing assignees, updating steps, states, or due dates, adding descriptions, and so on directly from the table fields. You can also hover over any title fields of your item to see the Open button (). Click this button to launch your item and make necessary updates to your form. You can additionally sort items using show/hide fields and filter options. Enter the item name to quickly find items you’ve searched for.
By selecting item checkboxes, you can perform the following bulk actions:
- Move to: Moves selected items to a different state of any other step.
- Change due date: Assigns a new due date for all the selected items.
- Change assignee: Reassigns all the selected items to a different assignee.
- Delete item(s): Removes all the selected items from the project permanently.
Main project can be visualized in Kanban, list, and matrix styles. The Kanban board gives you a visual layout of the project. Items appear as cards and steps appear as columns. Drag and drop items to different steps or states. Click on an item to change values in the form, reassign it to another member, or change the due date.
List visualization on the other hand is similar to My tasks view and lets you see items as in a spreadsheet. Matrix visualization allows you to pivot your items to columns and rows so you can view your items from different perspectives.
You can easily access views created in your project by clicking any view stacked on top of your project page. As a member, you won’t have permission to edit or delete any view.
Filters (). Click the filter button to add filters to highlight different items based on the parameters you choose. You can add normal filters and advanced filter conditions.
Fullscreen (). Click the fullscreen to expand the project. Click it again to return to the standard view.
Show/hide fields (). Click the Show/hide fields button to select which fields you want to display on the item card or table heading.
States within a step
Project steps have three default states:
- Active means the item is currently in queue or being worked on. For the best reporting, it is recommended to only keep one item in this state per person.
- On hold means items that are either pending to be done, or are waiting on more input before they can be finished.
- Done are items that are finished and ready to be taken to the next step.
Items can be moved freely along the project to any step or state.