Adding and managing users
Account Owners, Super Admins, and User Admins have the ability to add, edit, and delete users from your Kissflow account.
Adding users manually
Go to Account administration > User management to add users one by one.
- Click Add a user
- You’ll see a pop-up where you can enter the details of the user:
- The First name and Email address are mandatory.
- You can associate the user with a preconfigured group. Learn how to create a group.
- You can choose to associate the user to a manager which can be used in step assignments.
- Click Add to create a user and exit. You can also click Add & New to submit this form and continue to add another user accordingly.
User provisioning with SCIM
You can configure SCIM to enable automatic user provisioning with identity providers (IdPs):
When you invite someone to join your account, they will get an invitation email sent to the address you entered. If the user accepts the invitation and your account has enough user licenses, you can manually assign an active license to the user. To do this, select the checkbox of the user and click Activate.
The user count is automatically updated in the Active Users tile. However, if the account doesn’t have enough licenses, the user will be added to the account in an inactive state and won’t be allowed to sign in.
Editing user data
Go to Account administration > User management > Manage users to modify the attributes of a user directly. You can click the cell you want to modify and update the value directly. Your changes will be saved automatically.
If you update the email address, the user must first verify the new email address before they can access their Kissflow account again. You can click the Resend button to resend an invite email to the user.
For dropdown fields such as User Role and Manager, click the Expand button (▼) and choose the preferred user role and manager respectively from the dropdown. Only Account Owners and Super Admins can make another user a Super Admin.
Deactivating and activating users
To deactivate a user, select the checkbox beside the user and then click Deactivate. Once a user is deactivated, the count is automatically updated in the Inactive users tile. Inactive users are not allowed to sign in until their license is reactivated.
To activate an inactive user, select the checkbox of the user and click Activate. The user count is automatically updated in the Active users tile.
What happens after a user is deactivated?
- Their license will be revoked but their data will be retained in the system.
- It is recommended that the flow items currently assigned to the user(deactivated) have to be reassigned by the Flow Admin to another user
- If the deactivated or deleted user is the Flow Admin themselves, then a new Flow Admin has to be chosen by the Super Admin.
Deleting users removes them from your account. When you delete users, you lose all the data associated with them.
To delete a user, select the checkbox by their name. Then, click the More options button () and then Delete users.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) enrollment
Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an additional layer of security to your Kissflow account by requiring more than just a password to sign in. As an Account Admin, you can enroll multiple users in your account for 2FA. This feature is only available in the enterprise plan.
Here're are the different 2FA enrollments:
- Recommended: Users can decide whether to turn on or off 2FA for their account.
- Mandatory: This 2FA enrollment makes 2FA mandatory for signing in.
- Disabled: This is the default 2FA enrollment. 2FA will not be available for such users.
Resetting a password
Select the checkbox beside the name of a user and click Reset password to send them a request to reset their password. The respective user will receive an email with the password reset link through which they can reset their account password accordingly.