All teams are closed by default. You can only join a team using an invite from a team admin.
Creating a team
- On the top navigation bar, under Teams, click Create new.
- Enter a name for your team. Optionally, you can add a short description for the team.
- Under Team visibility, select one of the following options:
- Closed - Ideal for regular project teams or teams that represent a department. These teams cannot be discovered by others in search.
- Confidential - Ideal for teams that manage sensitive information. For example, this could be a good option to use for teams that manage legal, payroll, or financial data. These teams cannot be discovered by others in search.
- Click Create.
- Select members or user groups you want to add to your team, then click the Add button.
On your team’s page, click View all to view all members in your team. You can change roles or remove a member from your team on this page.
Learn more about managing members and permissions here.