Creating forum topics
Kissflow Work Platform:
- Small Business
Forum topic is a great way to engage in discussions and share information with other members of your space.
Creating a new topic
On your space forum tab, click Create topic. To publish a topic, your topic should have a topic title and a brief description relevant to the topic. Click Publish when finished.
Adding images and files
To add images and files, click the file attachments button and attach the file from either your local files, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
Kissflow supports the following file types in posts: JPG, JPEG, JPE, PNG, GIF, PDF, DOC, PPT, and XLS.
The size limit per attachment cannot exceed more than 100 MB.
You can attach files in replies and comments as well. All the file formats mentioned above are supported. However, you can only attach a maximum of three files, and the size of a file cannot exceed 10MB.
Using Emojis and GIFs
Click the Emoji button () to insert a wide range of emojis or search for GIFs to add them as a reply to your topic.
Mentions or tags
Use an @mention to ensure that your space members get a notification about a post. You can @mention members in topics and replies. Type @, enter the name, and then press Enter.
You can use the following @Forum tag to notify all members of the space.
The rich text editor in forum topics allows you to format and style your text. You can format your text inside a rich text field by clicking '/' to view the rich text commands in the list.
The list of the formatting and styling options in the rich text field is given below.
- Text color
- Left align
- Right align
- Center align
- Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3
- Attach a link
- Bulleted list
- Numbered list
- Code snippet
- Clear formatting
You can also access all formatting options from the toolbar located on top or choose to use standard keyboard shortcuts.
Changing text color
You can style text inside a forum topic using different text colors.
When you click the More options button () in your topic, it will show the following options to choose from.
- Edit. It lets you update the content inside a topic after it’s published.
- Copy topic link. The unique link of the topic can be copied and shared.
- Turn on/off notifications. Control notifications for specific topics. When a topic is created, you will automatically receive a notification, and you will continue to receive notifications for replies if you also replied. To turn off notifications for a particular topic, click Turn off notifications.
- Mark as open/closed. This topic discussion will no longer be open for new replies. You can reopen a closed topic later.
- Mark as solved/unsolved. The discussion will be marked as resolved. You can click unsolve to restart the discussion.
- Delete topic. The author of a topic can delete the topic from the forum.
Reaction to topics
There are two ways to react to a topic in forums. Members can upvote or downvote topics or replies.
- Upvote - You can choose to upvote a topic or a reply when the answer was helpful to you.
- Downvote - You can choose to downvote a topic or a reply when the answer wasn't helpful to you.
Audio player in forum
You can play audio files in fullscreen in forums by clicking on the audio file name. You can download the file by clicking the Download button below the audio file.
You can speed up or slow down the file while playing it. This helps you save time by not downloading files every time and helps you keep your work inside Kissflow and not rely on external audio players.
Kissflow chat currently supports MP3, WAV, and OGG files up to 60 minutes in length and less than 30 MB in size.