Process reports help you track and analyze how your process is functioning.
Access your reports by clicking the Reports button in the upper-right corner of the process page. Reports are available by default to all Flow Admins. Other members of the flow can also access them if individual reports are shared with them, or if they have permission to create new reports.
Use the Search box to quickly find any report by name. You can use the Sort button to rearrange your reports based on their last modified time, name, or created date.
Creating a new report
To create a new report, click +Create new report. Choose the type of report, provide a name for the report, and click Create.
Types of reports
- Tabular reports display information in columns and rows.
- Charts display data graphically in one of ten chart types including area, bar, doughnut, line, pie, and bubble chart.
- Pivot tables can be used to quickly summarize large quantities of data. You can convert columns into rows and rows into columns.
The All Items report
The first time you open the Reports page, you’ll see an auto-generated report called <Process_name> All Items. This is a tabular report that shows every item in your process. It cannot be deleted or renamed, but you can configure it.
The Metrics report
View the aging and performance metrics of your process with the help of our Metrics report.
To access your process metrics,
- Navigate to the process page for which you would like to access its metrics
- Click the Reports icon
- Click the Metrics report to access the metrics of the process you are currently in.
The process metrics gives you an overview of how your process is performing.
The Overview section provides a glimpse of items based on their status.
- In progress displays the number of items that are in progress in the workflow.
- Completed displays the number of items that finished the workflow fully.
- Rejected displays the number of items that were rejected before completing the workflow.
- Withdrawn displays the number of items that were withdrawn by the initiator before completing the workflow.
- With deactivated users displays the number of items currently assigned to deactivated users.
On clicking each of these tiles you will be taken to its specific page where the items will be listed. You can use the search and filter tools to find items quickly. You can also bulk delete items. If you click the item, you can view the form data, review the workflow progress, and reassign tasks.
This shows the number of items that are currently in each step and how long they have been there. Click the numbers to view the items to perform admin actions on the items.
This shows key metrics for each step including:
- The minimum time taken to complete a task
- The maximum time taken to complete a task
- The average time taken to complete a task
- The number of times an item was sent back at this step
- The number of times an item was rejected at this step
- The number of times an item completed this step
- The number of times an item was withdrawn at this step
Click the arrow at the start of the row to see a breakdown of different users assigned to that step.
Click on any of the numbers to get a drill-down report and perform admin actions.
Administering a report
If you created a report, you have several ways to administer it. Most of these options are available by clicking the More options button on the report.
- Share - Click the plus icon to share the report with others. You have the option to let users share the report with more people. You can also click the More options button and then click Share
- Export - Export all the data in the report as a CSV, JSON, or ZIP file. Exporting is only available for tabular reports and the All Items. The report is sent to you as an email attachment.You can export your report to a CSV, JSON, or a ZIP file for your process forms with a maximum of one table in their form data.There are a couple of hacks that we thought you must know while exporting reports:
- If the ZIP option is disabled, it means your report doesn’t have any tables in the process form so you will not be able to export the report as a ZIP file.
- If all the options are disabled, it means your report has more than one table in the process form so you will not be able to export the report at all. We currently do not support file export for form data with many tables.
- If the CSV option is disabled for your old reports, you can just open and close the report once so that its last modified time is updated to your current date after which you can try exporting it again.
- Edit - Change the data, arrangement, and filters applied to your report.
- Rename - Change the name of the report.
- Duplicate - Create a new report with the same structure. The new report will be called <report name> Copy until you rename it.
- Delete - Delete the report entirely.