Using a process
When you are added to a process, you can create new items and act on items assigned to you.
Initiating new items
To initiate a new item in a process, click New item on the top right corner of the screen. A new form will open and you can add data to the fields and then click Submit. Clicking Save will save your current work without submitting it and store it in your Drafts (accessible in My items). Clicking Discard will delete the item permanently from the system.
Duplicating an item
You can duplicate an item after initiating it. Duplicating creates a copy of the item along with its values subject to the scope of the initiator.
Click the Duplicate icon at the top of the item page to duplicate it.
Assume Linda heads the Human Resources team of an IT firm. It’s the appraisal time of the year and she is planning to launch the ‘Employee 1:1 Appraisal' process. The appraisal form has a few generic fields like Employee name, Designation, etc., and a few critical fields (PII) like their Current salary, and Salary hike percentage.
She makes the fields ‘Current salary’ and ‘Salary hike percentage’ hidden until the item reaches the ‘Manager’s approval’ step which means only the manager can see the salary information and give an appropriate hike based on their performance. The process is set now and she publishes it too.
How does item duplication lighten Linda’s workload in her day-to-day life?
Linda can just duplicate an item instead of recreating it every time. It also gives her the advantage of keeping up with the integrity of her company thereby not exposing sensitive information like ‘Current salary’ and ‘Salary hike percentage’ of an employee while duplicating.
Printing a form
Printing a form is easy and flexible in Kissflow. Open an item and click the Printer icon at the top near the Close icon.
- Look at the General settings and choose the right options for you.
- Under Paper settings, you can choose the size and orientation of the paper.
- Under Table settings, you can choose how to display table data. Disable this option to remove table data from your printout. You can also choose to leave off some columns when you print. Select or deselect the columns from the list if you wish to print a specific set of fields.
Once you are ready, hit Print to get a paper printout or save it as a PDF.
All processes have three tabs: My items and My tasks.
The My items tab shows all the items that you’ve been active on. For each section, you can search, apply filters, and control what fields are shown or hidden. Click the Open item button to view any item and check its progress. You can also see the fields in the form that are made visible at your particular step.
Items will be categorized in this order:
- Drafts are the items you’ve started to fill out, but haven’t yet submitted. When you open items in the draft state, you can edit the values and decide to delete, save, or submit the item. In the table view, if you select the checkboxes next to items, you can perform a bulk delete.
- In progress shows all the items you submitted that haven’t finished the workflow yet. After opening the item, you can see a progress bar in the upper right side of the form that gives you a detailed look at the status of an item. To protect the integrity of the process, you cannot change any field values. Depending on the settings set by the Flow Admin, you may be able to reassign or withdraw the item.
- Participated shows all the items you have completed a step for, regardless of if you initiated them or not. Here you can view the form and the status of each item, but there are no actions to take.
- Rejected shows all the items you started that were rejected. If you click Restart, the same data will show up as a draft and you can submit it as a new item.
- Withdrawn shows all the items that you’ve withdrawn. You have the option to restart these items. If you restart them, there will be a note on the workflow that a copy of this item was previously withdrawn.
- Completed shows all the items that finished the workflow.
The My tasks tab shows all the steps assigned to you. Tasks will be categorized based on the step approval in the workflow. For each step assigned to you, you can search, apply filters, and control what fields are shown or hidden.
Click on the item to view any task. Depending on the permissions settings set by the Flow Admin, you can edit or view the fields in the form. On the right side of the form is the status section. Click Show more to see what steps have been completed and what is yet to be done.
At the bottom of the form are actions you can perform. The buttons are configured by the Flow Admin, so the wording and visibility may differ depending on the step. Here are all the possible actions:
- Approve/Done/Submit means you want to advance the item to the next step. Forms may have validations that require you to adjust field values first.
- Reassign lets you select someone else to complete this step.
- Reject means you want to completely reject the item. The person who started the item can restart it as a new draft.
- Send back means you want to place the item at a particular step earlier in the workflow.
- Save will save the values you entered and allow you to come back to the item later.