The assignment preference options help you determine how many people must approve an item when it is assigned to multiple users.
Assign to all
- Only one assignee - after one assignee submits the item, it will move to the next step
- All assignees - all assignees must submit the item before it moves to the next step
- At least - you choose the number or percentage of assignees who must submit the item before it moves on
With the Allow assignees to pick items toggle turned on, assignees can pick items for themselves and move them out of other assignees’ queues. After an assignee picks an item, no other assignee will be able to see the item or act on it. This reduces redundant efforts by assignees and improves efficiency.
At least functionality
For example, if you have 10 assignees, but only need 7 to act on an item. Select At least and enter 7.
- The task will go to all 10 assignees at the same time.
- The item will move to the next step as soon as 7 assignees approve it.
- The item will be rejected as soon as 4 assignees reject it.
If you have many or a variable number of assignees, you may want to use a percentage. Let's assume that you want 60% of assignees to approve an item.
- The task will go to all assignees.
- The item will move to the next step as soon as the 60% positive threshold is met.
- The item will be rejected as soon as more than 40% of assignees reject it.
Percentages are rounded up. If you enter 50% and there are 9 assignees, then you must have 5 approvals before the item moves on.
If you enter a number in the At least section greater than the number of assignees, Kissflow will automatically adjust it and will advance the item after all assignees have approved it.
If the Process Admin reassigns the item to someone when it is awaiting to be acted by the assignees, it will break the multi-user case and go as a normal step.
In this method, the item is only assigned to one user, but rotates between all the users selected.
In this method, the system assigns the item to the user with the least number of current tasks.