Launching Kissflow Apps
Applies to Kissflow Work Platform:
- Small Business
Creating Kissflow Apps
Every Kissflow Enterprise account will have three environments to build, test, and deploy apps to live.
- Development environment - You'll have an Application builder to create your application from scratch. All applications can only be built in this environment. You'll need a separate Super Admin or User permission to access this environment. A development environment can be accessed by adding the prefix "dev-" before your Kissflow account domain. For example, dev-starkcorp.kissflow.com will be the URL of your account's development environment.
- Test environment - After an application is deployed from the development environment, it can then be accessed from the Test environment. As a Super Admin or User of the Test environment, you'll be able to access all the apps that you've developed and those that were shared with you for testing. A test environment can be accessed by adding the prefix "test-" before your Kissflow account domain. For example, test-starkcorp.kissflow.com will be the URL of your account's test environment.
- Production environment - This is the live environment where you and other app users can access the final application. This is always your account domain, i.e., in our above example, starkcorp.kissflow.com.
All Kissflow users will have the ability to build apps provided they have Super Admin or User permissions in these environments.
To create a Kissflow App,
- Sign in to Kissflow.
- Click Create button () > Apps. Alternatively, click Explore button () > Create new tab > New Application.
- You'll be redirected to the App development environment in a new browser tab.
Managing an application
In the development environment, under Create an application section, you'll be able to define the general information regarding your app.
- Name your app - choose a descriptive name that your users can relate.
- Add a description - explain what your app will be used for.
- Add app logo - upload an icon or select an icon from our library and pick a color.
After providing the relevant details, click Create to launch the Application builder of the application.
Renaming an application
To rename your application inside the Application builder, go to Settings > General settings, update the current name and description, and then click Save.
Adding developers to your application
As the owner of any application, you can invite other Super Admins and Users in the development environment to be App admins and members to build the application with you. After adding them as developers, these users will be able to build and manage the app along with you from the Application builder page.
Defining application roles and permissions
Every user accessing the application will need a specific role and permission scope. For example, for an IT Asset Management application, you can define roles like an asset manager, employee, vendor, and so on.
Adding pages with components to your application
Pages and components are the building blocks that create a visual app experience. Our Application builder currently supports the following forms:
- Data forms
- Process forms
- Case forms
In the pages section, you can create new page views for your application. You will have a wide range of system and custom components that you can use to customize individual pages. Each application can contain multiple pages and can be assigned to different user roles.