Creating an integration
There are two ways you can create your Kissflow Integration from scratch.
- In your Kissflow top navigation bar, click Explore. Under Explore all flows > Create new tab > click + Create new integration button.
- Alternatively, access your profile picture on the top right corner and click Integrations. Under the All integrations tab > click New integration button.
Setting up a trigger
To create a trigger step, follow the steps below:
- Select your connector. The integration workflow will be triggered based on the event that occurs in this connector.
- Select your trigger event. This will be the event that occurs in the selected connector that triggers the integration.
- Authenticate your connection. Select or connect a specific Kissflow account to use in the integration trigger.
- Configure your trigger step. Customize your connector app to send data of your preference.
- Test your trigger. Test your trigger output to see if the trigger connector is properly configured.
If you encounter any errors while setting up the trigger, you will see all those error messages on the right side of the page. You can use this information to troubleshoot errors.
Setting up actions
Similar to the trigger step, set up your action by choosing your action connector and event:
- Select your action connector. The action is activated by the trigger step or another action step.
- Select your action event. This will be the event that occurs in the selected connector when it is triggered.
- Authenticate your app connection. Connect the specific Kissflow account to use in the integration action.
- Customize your action step. Customize the app data that you want to send over to your action connector.
- Test your action. Test your action output to see if it's working as expected.
Naming your integration and connectors
When you create an integration, you must first add a title and a brief description to it. You can change these at a later stage by clicking the name of your connector and entering a new name. You can also update the description by clicking the () icon beside the title.
Similarly, you can change the name of each trigger or action steps. Just click the More options button () > Rename or click the default name of the connector, then enter your text in the field. Your changes will be saved automatically.
Turn on your integration
After you build your integration, the next step is to turn it on. You can click the toggle button in the upper right corner of the editor to switch it ON.
After your integration is turned on, it’ll automatically run your action steps each time your trigger event occurs. You can also view your integration’s Run history to see a log of all your successful and failed integration runs with data that goes in and out of each of your integration steps.