Enabling a form to be a public form means you can let users outside your Kissflow account access that particular process or data form in the application by sharing the public form URL with them.
Enabling public form
- Choose the process or data form for which you want to enable the public form.
- In the form, under Settings, click Public form settings.
- Turn on the Public form URL to enable it.
- The public form URL is then generated along with an embed code.
Disabling public form
- Navigate to the process or data form for which you would like to disable the public form.
- Under Settings, click Public form settings.
- Turn off the Public form URL to disable it. Once the public form is disabled, external users will not be able to initiate new items. However, the items that are in progress will be completed.
Using the public form URL
In Kissflow Apps, a public form should be enabled in all three environments of the application i.e. the development, test, and production environment.
In each environment, the URL generated is different from the other environment. The sub-domain name varies based on the environment but the unique public form ID remains the same for all environments.
Let consider the following to be the public form URL:
- Development environment- https://dev-work.workplatform.com/public/form/Pf29djiem20-fndo-3diwk
- Test environment- https://test-work.workplatform.com/public/form/Pf29djiem20-fndo-3diwk
- Production environment- https://prod-work.workplatform.com/public/form/Pf29djiem20-fndo-3diwk
Embedding iframe code
<iframe> code is a code snippet that can be added to any web page to let someone access a public form from elsewhere.
- Click the copy icon() to copy the <iframe> code.
- Paste the code snippet to your website or any external platform where you would like to host the public form.
This code snippet is automatically generated and available when you enable the Public form URL option.