- Creating a new topic
Topic is a great way to engage in discussions and share information with other members in your forum.
Creating a new topic
On your forum page, click Create a topic. To publish a topic, your topic should have a topic title and a brief description relevant to the topic. Click Publish when finished.
Adding images and files
To add images and files, click the file attachments button and attach the file from either your local files, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
Kissflow supports the following file types in posts:
- JPG, JPEG, JPE, PNG, GIF, PDF, DOC, PPT, XLS
The size limit per attachment cannot exceed more than 100MB.
You can attach files in replies and comments as well. All the file formats mentioned above are supported. However, you can only attach a maximum of three files, and the size of a file cannot exceed 10MB.
Using Emojis and GIFs
Click the Emoji button () to insert a wide range of emoji or search for GIFs to add.
Mentions or tags
Use an @ mention to ensure that a member gets a notification about a post. You can @ mention individuals or groups in posts and comments. Type @, enter the name, and then press Enter.
You can use the following @mention tags to notify specific groups of members:
- @Forum - notify all the members in a forum.
- @Tagged - notify everyone mentioned in a post.
- @<forum name> - notify all the members in another forum. This tag can only be used for forum created in the Organization team to notify members in another forum.
The rich text editor in forum topics allows you to format and style your text. You can format your text inside a rich text field in two ways.
1. You can type a text and select it to view the rich text editor in the horizontal view.
2. You can click '/' to view the rich text commands in vertical view.
The list of the formatting and styling options in the rich text field is given below.
- Text color
- Left align
- Right align
- Center align
- Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3
- Attach a link
- Bulleted list
- Numbered list
- Code snippet
- Clear formatting
You can also access all formatting options from the toolbar located on top or choose to use standard keyboard shortcuts.
Changing text color
You can use different text colors in a post.
In the corner of every topic is the More options button () that shows different options to choose from.
After publishing, the topic creator can change any content inside the topic.
Pin and unpin a topic
You can pin or unpin topics that you have created in a forum. When a topic is pinned it stays at the top of the page. Select Pin this topic. To remove the post, click Unpin this topic.
Copy topic link
Every topic, announcement, and poll has a unique link that can be copied and shared. To get this URL, select Copy topic link.
Turn off or on notifications
In addition to notification settings for the entire forum, you can control notifications for individual topics. By default, when a topic is created, you'll receive a notification, and will continue to receive notifications for replies if you also replied.
To turn off notifications for a particular topic, select Turn off notifications. You can turn them back on the same way.
The author of a topic can delete their own topic from the forum.
Reaction to topics
There are two ways to react to a topic in forums. Members can upvote or downvote topics or replies.
- Upvote - You can choose to upvote a topic or a reply when the answer was helpful to you.
- Downvote - You can choose to downvote a topic or a reply when the answer wasn't helpful to you.
Comments and replies
Anyone who has subscribed to your feed can comment and reply to comments on feed posts, announcements, and polls. You can edit or delete your own comment or reply by clicking the More options button ().
Bookmark allows you to quickly access the topics in your forum instead of having to search for it. You can bookmark any topic in a forum. To bookmark a topic, click Bookmark this topic() to add it to your bookmarks.
Click My bookmarks(), left of New team() to view all the bookmarked topics.
To remove a bookmarked topic, go to My bookmarks() and click Remove bookmark() on the topic. Bookmarks can also be removed by clicking the Remove bookmark button() on the topic in the forum.
Live synchronization in forums
You'll get real-time nudges about changes in any open forums (that you may or may not be a member of) as well as closed forums that you're a member of. You won't have to refresh your screen or access via a notification to find the latest changes in your forum.
- When there is a new topic in a forum, a visual indication appears beside the feed name on your page's left navigation bar.
- Any new topics, topic deletions, pinned topics, etc. appears in real-time.
- Any new topic comments, reactions, and replies are also shown to you in real-time.
Forum admins and moderators can remove a topic created by others.
To remove a topic, click the More options button () > Remove.
You'll be asked to select the reason that best describes the issue.
- Choose Incorrect for topics that are not right, misleading, or false.
- Choose Inappropriate for topics that are offensive, violent, graphic, insensitive, or harassing.
- Choose Confidential for topics that include sensitive information.
- Choose Other to enter an alternate reason (up to 50 characters).
When a topic is removed, the topic creator will receive a notification on why the topic was removed.