Creating a form
A form is an entity with which you can collect input from the people who participate in your flow. Forms are predominantly used in flows like processes, projects, and cases in Kissflow. A form has three primary components - section, field, and table.
A section is a group of fields that are related to each other. As a Flow Admin, you can create a section to place a set of fields that are attributes of the main entity around which the flow revolves.
To add a new section, click Add section.
Initially, the name of the section will be set to "Untitled section" by default. You can overwrite the section name to something of your choice and proceed to add a description beneath as necessary. You can also rename a section from the right panel and your changes will be autosaved.
Similarly, you can access the section settings and modify its visibility conditions in two ways: One, from the top of the section, and the other way is to access its settings from the right panel that will be pinned automatically to your right when you start working on a specific section.
- Click the Gear iconto access the section settings. By default, the section will always be visible, but you can change it to hidden. You can make the section conditionally by adding a visibility rule under its Visibility settings. To add a condition, choose a Field, Operator, and Type, and map it to a value or a field based on the type. You can add multiple conditions.
- To duplicate a section, click the Clone icon. A copy of the section will be created below.
- Click the Up arrowor Down arrowto rearrange the sections.
- Click the Trash iconto delete the entire section.
Fields are the building blocks of your form. It is the primary medium through which you collect input from the users in a flow.
We have classified the fields into two primary categories - Basic and Advanced for your easy understanding. The fields like Text box, Text area, or Dropdown that are universally used can be spotted under the Basic category and the ones that are specific to Kissflow and advanced in its nature and functionality like a Lookup, or Remote Lookup field are accessed from the Advanced category.
You can add a field in two ways in a form:
- Drag and drop a field of your choice from the Fields panel to your right onto your form editor.
- Click any empty space in the section to see the list of fields from which you can search and add a relevant field easily.
Other field actions
- To rearrange the fields within a section, just drag and drop them in their new position. You can also move fields individually(one by one), or as an entire row whichever works for you.
- To resize a field, hover over the margin/border of a field to get hold of the resize icon with which you can increase or decrease the width of the field as necessary.
- A row can accommodate a maximum of six fields.
- To access the field settings and modify the other field properties, hover over the field and you will find the relevant icons in the centre. Click the appropriate icon to modify the field's properties as necessary.
A child table acts as a separate section and lets you collect and manage data in a tabular format. To add a child table, click Add table. Click the Add button () to add a new field. You can add as many fields as you want to a child table.
You have the same options for child tables as you do for sections. Additionally, in the table settings, you can set validations to control the minimum and maximum number of rows that must be completed.