Managing directory sync configuration
Navigate to Account Administration > User provisioning > Directory sync > Google Workspace to manage and perform other actions related to your configuration. You can track the progress of ongoing sync, its current status, sync history, and perform actions like edit, delete, or disable configuration in this section.
As mentioned earlier, Kissflow supports both manual and scheduled syncs. Click Sync now to trigger sync manually anytime.
- Click Edit configuration after accessing the configuration under Account administration > User provisioning > Directory sync > Google Workspace
- Under Domains, add new domains by selecting their respective checkboxes or remove existing domains by deselecting their checkboxes accordingly.
- New users belonging to the newly added domains will be added and synced in the subsequent syncs and the existing users from the excluded domains along with their group information will be deferred from being synced up the next time. However, their information will be retained in Kissflow.
- Similarly, modify the users and their group information in the next step as necessary.
- Test the field mapping again to ensure there aren't any data discrepancies.
- Modify your sync preferences as necessary.
- Click Save & sync now to save your changes and initiate the sync.
- Do you know you can log in as a different user when the configuration is active?
Yes, there could be instances when your credentials no longer work and you might have to log in again to avoid sync failures. Hover over your email address while editing the configuration to log out from your current session and log in again.
All the scheduled syncs will be disabled until the Administrator signs in back to their Google Workspace account. Also, the existing configuration will be deleted permanently if you log in to a different Google Workspace account.
- Access the configuration and click More options > Disable
- Read the alert message displayed on the pop-up window and click Disable if you would like to suspend the configuration temporarily. You can always enable it later when you want to.
Access the configuration and click More options > Enable
- Access the configuration and click More options > Delete configuration
- Read the alert message displayed on the pop-up window and click Delete if you would like to delete the configuration permanently. Please note that you have to create the configuration from scratch if you need it back in the future.
Managing sync history
Access the configuration and click More options > Sync history or click the View sync history link present beside the last synced status information.
The following are the list of possible sync statuses:
- Success: Sync succeeded as expected
- Failure: Sync failed due to a few critical issues
- Partial success: Sync completed with errors.
- This could happen when one of the attributes in a user record in Google Workspace doesn't have an equivalent field in Kissflow.