Creating a dataset
You can create a dataset in two ways. You can create one from scratch or install a dataset template as per your business requirements.
- Click Explore from the left navigation.
- Click +Create on the top left corner and then select Dataset from the Create from scratch page.
- Enter the dataset name. You can also optionally add a description and category to help you organize and find your dataset later.
- If you already have some existing data in a CSV or XLSX format, you can click Import data from other sources and upload the file. You can only import a maximum of 10,000 rows.
- Click Create.
The Key field
The first field in the dataset is called Key. This is the only field you cannot rename, delete, or change the field type. Each row must contain a unique value such as an employee number, SKU, vendor name, or serial number.
Renaming a dataset
To rename your dataset, simply click on the current name, make changes, and then click Enter, or click off the name. You can change the description in the same way. All changes are auto-saved.
Finding a dataset
There are two ways to search for your dataset.
First, click the Search icon () on the top navigation bar of your page and type the name of the dataset into the search box. You can also launch the search box using the keyboard shortcuts,
- On Mac: Command key, ⌘ + E
- On Windows: Ctrl key + E
Second, Click Explore all in the top navigation bar and click the Dataset tab. You can view all the datasets created and recently accessed here. Use the Search box beside the Sort button to quickly lookup for the dataset you want or you can also sort them based on their name and last published date whichever works for you.
Viewing Dataset ID
You might want to fetch and use the dataset ID while making API calls related to datasets in Kissflow.
Access the dataset upon which you would like to make an API call and copy the last string that follows '../dataset/' from its URL. The string 'Employee_Master' in the following URL is the dataset ID for the dataset Employee_Master: