You can create polls to gather insights and collect opinions. Polls can be created in channels and teams. Any member part of a channel or team can create a poll.
Creating a poll
- Click What do you want to say? You can add intro text before the poll if you want.
- Click the Add poll button.
- Type your poll question and add options. To add more options, click +Add an option.
- To change the poll settings, click the Settings () button.
- Click Post when finished.
After posting, you can edit or delete your poll by clicking the More options button ().
Adding multiple polls to create a survey
You can create a survey by adding multiple polls on a single post. After completing your first poll, click the Add poll button again and you can add another question. You can create an unlimited number of polls.
Configuring poll settings
To change the poll settings, click the Settings () button while creating a poll.
- Allow multiple entries - This allows responders to select more than one poll option.
- Add members to add options - This allows responders to add and edit the poll options.
- Show results and voters - Enabling this will show the results of the poll publicly and who voted for which options.
- Set deadline - This lets you set a date and time by which members must vote on the poll. After the deadline, no new entries are accepted.