Importing and exporting data from a dataset
Importing data from a CSV file to a dataset
The CSV import feature in your dataset will help you transfer data from a CSV file or a spreadsheet with a .csv extension to the Kissflow dataset. Once imported, your CSV rows will appear as rows in your dataset, and each column will contain metadata about your data.
Organizing the data in your CSV file
The CSV Import feature allows you to import data in bulk into Kissflow. Here are some guidelines to follow when preparing a CSV file for import:
- Mandatory fields: If mandatory fields exist in your Dataset form, you must map at least one column in your CSV file with the required fields.
- Data: Within the CSV file, you can map only the following field types to your dataset: Text, Text Area, Number, Rating, Date, Date-time, Currency, Yes/no, User, Single-select dropdown, Multi-select dropdown, Slider, Checkbox type fields.
- Delimiter: You must only use the comma (,) as a delimiter inside the CSV file.
- Rows: The CSV file can have up to 50000 rows, excluding the header.
- Encoding: The CSV file must have a .csv extension that supports UTF-8 encoding.
Once you have confirmed that your CSV file meets the above requirements, follow these steps to import the CSV data to your Kissflow Dataset:
- Sign in to your Kissflow account. Create a new dataset if you haven’t created one already.
- On the top right section of the page, click Import CSV beside the Share button.
- After the file picker opens up, click Choose your files, browse your documents, and select your desired file with a .csv extension.
- After importing the CSV file, the system checks it for file corruption and delimiter errors. If you find an issue, please correct it in the CSV file before re-uploading it.
- Click Next to continue. Then choose the column(s) from your CSV file that you would like to appear in the dataset. You must map the columns in your CSV file to the fields in your dataset. For example, you can choose to map the email addresses from your CSV document into the Email field in your dataset.
Following the mapping of your dataset values, you will have the choice to handle the data in your dataset. You'll have three choices:
- You can either add new rows and update existing rows or add only new rows while importing the data.
- You can delete or keep the dataset rows that are not in the CSV file.
- You can skip specific rows or cancel the import in case of errors.
After you have selected your options, click Next. Your data will begin importing.
You can close the window and continue working while waiting for all your data to import into your dataset. After the import is complete, you will be notified via email and push notifications.
Exporting data from a dataset
To export a data from a dataset, follow these steps:
- Click the Export button on the top right side of the screen next to the Filter button.
- You can export data in two file types: CSV file and TXT file.
- Choose the file you prefer and click Export.
- After exporting, you will receive a link to the exported file via email.